Career long training.
Career long training brings your career to life…and keeps it growing.
We’re serious about training: Our NYLIC University and comprehensive Agent and management training curriculum form the backbone of our Agency system.
NYLIC U courses span Agents' entire careers, from pre-contract training through practice succession planning. More than that, NYLIC U helps Agents brings their careers to life, helping them implement what they have learned on a daily basis with new prospects and clients.
There are six distinct career development stages that carry new Agents through their first three years.
New agent development (Years 1-3).
- Career Orientation - Training actually begins before an Agent signs his/her contract. Career Orientation offers an overview of the career and helps prospective Agents know what to expect from Day One
- Fundamental Career School - Provides the skills technical and administrative knowledge Agents need to succeed
- Basic Career School - Reinforces Fundamental Career School and expands Agents’ knowledge
- Intermediate Career Course - Broadens Agents’ knowledge of product and services
- Career Development Conference - A highly interactive five-day course, held at NYLIC University’s campus in Dallas, TX
- The Associates Program - Introduces the agent to more advanced areas of Estate Planning, Retirement Planning, and working with Small Business Owners.
In addition, during their first three years, new Agents are encouraged to begin registered representative and Securities license training.
Experienced agent development.
After their third year, Agents still have a wide variety of career development opportunities available through NYLIC University.
- Graduate Path to Market Excellence - six series of courses that touch the advanced planning areas/on a graduate level each culminating with a Leaders For Life Conference at the NYLIC U Dallas Campus
In addition to formal training, we encourage experienced and newer Agents to work together in mentoring relationships, either informally or through the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Mentoring Program. The company provides special incentives to Agents who take advantage of this opportunity. The MDRT is one of the most prestigious production-based national and international organizations in the insurance industry.
For those who feel they can contribute the most by helping others reach their potential, a career in field management may be ideal.
Through NYLIC University, we offer an extensive management curriculum, with comprehensive training and support that smoothes the transition from Agent to partner and provides career-long support. The Management and Leadership Development Course for Partners is a comprehensive course delivered in every General Office. Through computer based training, in person skill development, and actual field assignments a successful agent is taught to become a successful manager and leader.
In addition there is a series of hands on management training workshops for Partners at the Dallas Campus. These workshops focus on skill development on a national basis.
- Management Fundamental School - Focuses on the fundamentals of recruiting plans, selecting and appointing new Agents
- Management Intermediate School - Concentrates on the skills needed to develop Agents and maximize their performance
- Management Advanced Course - Prepares partners for promotion, refining the skills needed to assume greater responsibilities in the General Office
- Home Office School - Helps newly appointed managing partners and promotion geared senior partners focus their plans for their units and offices for the coming year
- Management Leadership Series - Helps managing partners and senior partners who have completed the Home Office School, learn from leading managing partners how to take their office or unit to the next level
The knowledge you have, the better you can serve your clients. We recognize this, and provide tuition reimbursement to our Career Agents upon completion of certain industry courses. Many of these courses can provide you with designations that are recognized and respected throughout the insurance industry.
Additionally, we’ll help train you on technology applications to help you work more efficiently in the field.
We encourage Agents to pursue professional designations and offer tuition reimbursement for courses that will help Agents attain the following designations:
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant®(ChFC®)
- Masters of Science in Financial Services® (MSFS®)
- Chartered Leadership Fellow® (CLF®)