Job description: Sales manager
A career in management: Pursuing a management career enables people to multiply their ability to make a difference in people's lives. Unless you have extensive management experience with another insurance and financial company, most of our Managers begin their company career as Agents.
Our Agency/General Office Managers are the company's leaders in cities and towns across the country; men and women who play the key role in recruiting and developing Agents, and enhancing the company's reputation locally.
A management career may be for you if you:
- Enjoy building and leading a team of Agents, trainers, administrators and other Managers
- Find satisfaction in helping other people succeed
- Want to be recognized as a leader within your community
As one Manager said, "In this role I can measure my success by how many people I help succeed. I can do more of what I entered the insurance business to do-- solve more problems, help more people and touch more lives."
Here's what you'll do as a Manager:
- Learn effective recruiting sources and techniques
- Find and select high quality candidates to become New York Life Agents
- Train new Agents in all aspects of life insurance and financial sales and service in the classroom, one-on-one sessions and in client meetings
- Provide coaching and guidance to new Agents on developing their business practice
- Work with other Managers on the team to help the office grow
This material is for informational purposes only. Neither New York Life Insurance Company nor its Agents render tax, legal or accounting advice. Please consult your professional advisors regarding your particular situation before determining any appropriate course of action.