Plan by goal.
As good old Michelangelo once said “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” When it comes to financial goal setting, we want to help you aim high and then work with you to achieve it. We've been doing it with individuals, families, and businesses for almost 170 years. It’s just one way we work with you to “Keep Good Going.”
Choose a type of goal to learn more.
Protect my family
- Generation X and retirement planning. We’re working on it.
- Five reasons to postpone retirement
- How generation X can ensure for retirement during times of uncertainty
- Penalty taxes on retirement plans
- Tax considerations in retirement
- Coming late to the game: Easy retirement steps for late planners
- Retirement rules of the road for women
- 5 retirement income planning tips
- Social Security and you: What you need to know
- Understanding required minimum distributions
- Redefining retirement: A little of this and a little of that
- 401(k)plans: fact or fiction?
- Retirement budgeting 101: living comfortably on a limited budget
- Many regaining optimism about retirement, but doubts persist
- Are you using CDs for retirement?
- Think twice before rolling over more than one IRA.
Preserve and pass assets to the next generation
- Why young adults need to be a part of your estate plan
- A surprisingly perfect gift for your kids or grandkids
- What can I deduct from my estate and gift taxes?
- 5 estate planning lessons from the stars
- A gift they never knew they wanted
- How to give...and save on taxes
- What is a tax shelter
- Lump sum distributions
- Five easy steps towards a bright financial future
- Taking care of business: Five easy steps to get you started with planning your estate
- Planning and protecting : Ken Quan and Luan Tran
- Focusing on the next generation
- Strategies to alleviate taxes on retirement plans
- How family limited partnerships can help transfer assets at a tax discount.
Protect your small business
- How to get your business involved in the community: giving back & gaining loyalty
- Growing my business
- What if your business partner died tonight?
- Every business needs an insurance plan
- Can life insurance help your creditworthiness? You better believe it
- How to get your money's worth from your insurance professional
- Keeping your business in the family
- Partners in life and in business: The pros and cons
- Protect your business
- Rewarding and retaining key employees with an executive bonus
- Using SLIRPs to help retirement planning
- Overcoming the loss of a partner with a buy-sell agreement