Career Long Training Brings Your Career to Life... and Keeps it Growing
New York Life is serious about training. Our NYLIC University and its comprehensive agent and management training curriculum form the backbone of our Agency system. NYLIC U courses span agents' entire careers, from pre-contract training through practice succession planning. More than that, NYLIC U helps agents brings their careers to life, helping them implement what they have learned on a daily basis with new prospects and clients. There are six distinct career development stages that carries new agents through their first three years.
New Agent Development (Years 1-3)
- Career Orientation - Training actually begins before an agent signs his/her contract. Career Orientation offers an overview of the career and helps prospective agents know what to expect from Day One
- Career Development - Introduces new agents to the basics of the career
- Fundamental Career School - Provides the skills technical and administrative knowledge agents need to succeed
- Basic Career School - reinforces Fundamental Career School and expands agents' knowledge
- Intermediate Career Course -Broadens agents' knowledge of product and services
- Career Development Conference - A highly interactive five-day course, held at NYLIC University's campus in Dallas, TX
In addition, during their first three years, new agents are encouraged to begin registered representative and Securities license training.
Experienced Agent Development
After their third year, agents still have a wide variety of career development opportunities available through NYLIC University.
- Graduate Path to Market Excellence - six series of courses that touch the advanced planning areas/on a graduate level each culminating with a Leaders For Life Conference at the NYLIC U Dallas Campus
In addition to formal training, New York Life encourages experienced and newer agents to work together in mentoring relationships, either informally or through the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Mentoring Program. The company provides special incentives to agents who take advantage of this opportunity. The MDRT is one of the most prestigious production-based national and international organizations in the insurance industry.
A career in field management at New York Life is ideal for those who feel they can contribute the most by helping others reach their potential. Through NYLIC University, New York Life offers an extensive management curriculum, with comprehensive training and support that smoothes the transition from agent to partner and provides career-long support.
Each year over 200 managers, participate in hands-on management training through NYLIC University. The curriculum is designed to support the managing partner's efforts to develop successful New York Life field managers. The program includes classroom training and self-study courses, including:
- Management Orientation School:
Designed to help managing partners and candidates evaluate their potential for success in a management career such as acquiring the skills they'll need including how to prospect, interview and begin to supervise new agents
- Management Fundamental School: Focuses on the fundamentals of recruiting plans, selecting and appointing new agents
- Management Intermediate School: Concentrates on the skills needed to develop agents and maximize their performance
- Management Advanced Course: Prepares partners for promotion, refining the skills needed to assume greater responsibilities in the General Office
- Home Office School: helps newly appointed managing partners and promotion geared senior partners focus their plans for their units and offices for the coming year
- Management Leadership Series: helps managing partners and senior partners who have completed the Home Office School, learn from leading managing partners how to take their office or unit to the next level
- Reno Technology Training: Focuses on maximizing the company's illustration and client/prospect contact systems and other state-of-the-art technology.
New York Life provides tuition reimbursement to its Career Agents upon completion of certain industry courses. Many of these courses can provide you with designations that are recognized and respected throughout the insurance industry. The knowledge you'll gain in achieving these designations will help enable you to better serve your clients and provide insurance solutions for a wider variety of client needs. New York Life will also help train you on technology applications to help you work more efficiently in the field.
The company encourages agents to pursue professional designations and offers tuition reimbursement for courses related to attaining the following designations:
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant®(ChFC®)
- Masters of Science in Financial Services® (MSFS®)
- Chartered Leadership Fellow® (CLF®)
- Master of Science in Management® (MSM®)
Rating: 3.9/5 (32 votes cast)