NEW YORK, N.Y., March 31, 2004 - New York Life Insurance Company announced today that the company's Utah General Office located in Salt Lake City has emerged the winner of an annual college intern sales competition. The Utah General Office was honored based on its collective first-year commissions produced by all of its college agents over a seven-month period, from June 1- December 31, 2003. More than 50 offices throughout the United States participated in the contest. The Utah General Office received a national trophy, and all interns and managers from the office received individual plaques.
"We are proud to recognize everyone from the Utah General Office for this outstanding accomplishment," said Jeffrey Jones, senior college recruiting consultant, New York Life. "The interns have gained a wealth of knowledge about customer service and have mastered the essential skills to assist families with their financial planning needs."
New York Life's internship program attracted over 300 students from across the country in 2003. In this program, interns obtain the skills they need to become successful agents through regular one-on-one contact with agent mentors as well as the active involvement of New York Life managers. During the program, students are able to obtain their agent license and begin working with clients.Winning agents from the Utah General Office include:
- Michael Breinholt, a senior at Utah Valley State College. Partner Christopher Lundquist served as his mentor.
- Jary S. Carter, who also worked with Christopher Lundquist during this competition. A graduate of Brigham Young University, Mr. Carter is a new full-time agent at the Utah General Office.
- Brandon G. Hooley, a senior at Brigham Young University. Partner Richard Rowley guided him through this process.
- Benjamin Richey, last year's national college internship summer sales contest champion. Mr. Richey was the most successful college student in the history of this competition, having submitted the most cases ever by an intern. A recent graduate of Weber State University, Mr. Richey worked alongside his father, Stephen Richey, who is a partner at the General Office. In 2004, he became a full-time agent for the Utah General Office.
- Brandon E. Wright, a senior at Brigham Young University. Christopher Lundquist served as his mentor.
For more information on the college agent internship program, please visit www.newyorklife.com/collegeagent.
New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States and one of the largest life insurers in the world. Headquartered in New York City, New York Life's family of companies offers life insurance, annuities and long-term care insurance. New York Life Investment Management LLC provides institutional asset management, retirement planning and trust services. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as institutional and retail mutual funds.
New York Life
Sloane & Company
Rating: 0/0 (0 votes cast)
|New York Life Names Utah General Office Winner Of National College Intern Sales Contest|