What You Can Expect From Your Agent
As a New York Life agent, I am here to help guide you through the often overwhelming process of creating an insurance and financial blueprint.
I will work with you to:
- Review your individual situation and personal objectives. Every family's financial situation is unique. That's why it's so important to find out as much as I can about you and your financial goals. The more I know about you, the more precise recommendations I can make and the more I can help you. As a result, I may take some time to discuss your hopes, dreams and objectives — the things that really matter to you.
- Analyze and review your needs. As needed, I will work with you to identify and prioritize your objectives, and then help establish benchmark goals. This is important because we live in a world of unlimited choices. People often fail to achieve objectives because they try to accomplish too much at once, or they don't attach specific deadlines to their goals. By breaking down your goals to specific objectives, you can look at available resources and decide which goals are realistic, which need to be adjusted and scaled down, and which simply must be abandoned.
- Develop and implement a strategy to help you achieve your goals. Based on our conversation and analysis, I can recommend some insurance and financial products that can help you achieve your financial goals.
- Coordinate your financial activities. If you would like, I can also coordinate your insurance and financial activities for you with the other members of your team of financial, tax and legal advisors.
- Monitor progress; provide ongoing service as your needs and situation change over time. Planning is not a one-shot deal. Strategies need to be adjusted periodically as your life changes. I will work with you over the years to help keep your program on track with your changing needs.
What Your Agent Will Expect From You
Creating an insurance and financial blueprint is a two-way street, which means that the key to getting maximum value from our relationship is communication and candor.
It's important to:
- Get acquainted. Please contact me to arrange a meeting to review your situation and discuss the products and services that can help you.
- Educate your agent. Don't expect me to be a mind reader. I may anticipate many of your needs, but will not assume anything. That's why it's so important that you be candid in providing information.
- Educate yourself. At the same time, you too should ask a lot of questions. Be inquisitive. Ask me for details and explanations about recommendations and how certain plans may work. Remember, the only "dumb question" is the one that isn't asked.
- Make it a team effort. Let's work together. Listen carefully to the recommendations, but remember, all decisions are yours. Make sure you're comfortable with the outcome.
Rating: 4.6/5 (10 votes cast)
Consult an Agent:
At no charge to you, a New York Life Agent — professionally trained and experienced — can help you analyze your needs and recommend appropriate solutions through insurance and financial products and concepts. Request a no-obligation review with a New York Life Agent.
New York Life Insurance and Annuity Company does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. Please consult your own tax, legal or accounting professional before making any decisions.
|The Role of an Agent|