NEW YORK, N.Y., January 10, 2006 — New York Life Insurance Company announced today the recipients of the second annual Cirilo A. McSween New York Life Rainbow PUSH Excel Award given to seven high–performing college students across the country. This award recognizes full–time college students who have achieved academic excellence and play an active role in their communities.
"We are pleased to once again be a part of the Cirilo A. McSween New York Life Rainbow PUSH Excel Award program. These students serve as positive role models in their communities and today they are being recognized for the positive values they exemplify," said Sy Sternberg, chairman and chief executive officer of New York Life. "These are the very same values that have led to Mr. McSween's many achievements. By following the example he sets, they have the ability to achieve whatever goals they set for themselves."
"It is a pleasure to see these talented college students receive an award in my name and be recognized for values I live by: a strong work ethic, pursuit of academic achievement, integrity, and a commitment to the community," said Mr. McSween, who joined New York Life in 1957.
New York Life and Rainbow PUSH created this scholarship program in 2004 to honor Mr. McSween, a 26–year qualifying member of the insurance industry's prestigious Million Dollar Round Table, the premier association of insurance professionals recognized for superior sales and service. Mr. McSween is a member of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition's board of directors, president of Cirilo's Inc., and a renowned civil rights activist who worked closely with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and was national treasurer of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference during the time Dr. King was president of the organization.
- DaNia Allen, a native of Chicago, Illinois, is a computer information systems junior at DePaul University;
- Brandon Celestin, a native of Grosse Pointe, Michigan is a junior marketing major at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business;
- Erica DuPree, a native of Farmville, North Carolina, is a sophomore social work major at North Carolina A&T University;
- Geoffrey Griffin, from Baker, Louisiana, is a junior marketing major at Grambling State University;
- Micah Hunter, from Brooklyn, New York, is a senior psychology major at Hampton University;
- Eboni Mack, from Detroit, Michigan, is a junior communication studies major at University of Michigan; and
- Steven Richardson, a native of Matteson, Illinois, is a sophomore business administration major at Prairie State College.
New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States and one of the largest life insurers in the world. Headquartered in New York City, New York Life's family of companies offers life insurance, annuities and long–term care insurance. New York Life Investment Management LLC provides institutional asset management and retirement plan services. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as institutional and retail mutual funds.
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)
|New York Life Announces Cirilo A. Mcsween New York Life Rainbow Push Excel Scholarship Recipients|