What Training Will I Receive?
New York Life is widely respected in our industry for having an award-winning formalized training program for all of its new agents – we call this NYLIC University.
The first step in your training is to obtain your state life/health producers license, based on your state of permanent residence.
- Learn the skills needed to prospect and sell our products
- Develop a step-by-step process to determine a prospect's needs, offer a solution, make a sale, and provide ongoing service and support
- Master Goal Setting, Time Management, and the Fact-Finding Process
- Explore work habits and skills vital to your success
Supervision and Guidance
- Receive regular individual reports on your progress and instruction on areas in need of improvement
- Participate in a Weekly Unit Meeting with other newly hired Agents.
- Through role-playing and feedback, you'll learn to how interact with potential clients and how to overcome objections
- Through Mentoring you will experience first-hand what you've learned in your training sessions
- A "seasoned" agent will give you a glimpse of "what it's really like out there." You'll also receive feedback and assistance based on their experience and expertise.