NYLIC University: New Agent Development
- Career Orientation, an introduction for pre-contract agents
- Career Development School
- Fundamental Career School, providing the skills, technical and administrative knowledge to succeed
- Basic Career Course, reinforcing Fundamental Career School and expanding your knowledge
- Intermediate Career Course, broadening your knowledge of products and services
- Career Development Conference, a highly interactive five-day course held at NYLIC University's campus in Dallas, Texas
- Registered Representative and Securities Training
Working with a mentor can greatly advance your selling skills and your understanding of how to build and manage a successful client base.
So, in addition to our formal training program, New York Life encourages experienced and newer agents to work together in mentoring relationships – informally or through the MDRT Mentoring Program – and we provide special incentives to those who take advantage of this opportunity to grow together.
NYLIC University: Experienced Agent Training
- Continuing Education and Firm Element Training
- Leaders for Life workshops
- The Coaching Series
- The Masters Series
With most careers you earn a paycheck that stops when you stop working.
When you build a career at New York Life, you’re creating a legacy that you can pass on to a son or daughter or to a successor agent. We’re committed to supporting our agents in developing succession plans to allow them to pass on the legacies they’ve created.
Our Successor Agent Program, along with two succession programs designed specially for our top agents, provide a framework for the gradual transition of a book of business from one agent to another.
Tuition Reimbursement for Courses Related to Professional Designations:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Leadership Fellow (CLF)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
- Masters of Science in Financial Services (MSFS)
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU)