2014 financial information.
New Milestones Reached for the First Time: Policyholder Benefits and Dividends Paid Exceeded $9 Billion; Operating Earnings Surpassed $2 Billion; AUM Exceeded $500 Billion
- Operating earnings achieved a new record high of $2.02 billion, an increase of 14.7 percent over 2013, marking the fifth consecutive year of record earnings
- Surplus and asset valuation reserve grew by $796 million to $21.9 billion, an all time high
- Assets under management increased to a new high of $541 billion in 2014
- Individual life insurance in force rose to a new record of $871 billion, $31 billion more than 2013, as a new sales record was set in 2014
- Dividends grew by more than 9 percent for the third consecutive year
- Policyholder benefits and dividends paid rose to $9.08 billion, up 5 percent
- The highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+)*
You can learn more about New York Life’s 2014 financial performance by clicking on the links below.
- New York Life Insurance Company and Subsidiaries Consolidated Financial Statements (GAAP basis): Our financial results presented in a format consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. 2014 NYLIC and Subsidiaries Unabridged Consolidated Financial Statements (GAAP Basis)
- Reconciliation of Consolidated GAAP results to Non-GAAP Financial Measure (Operating Earnings): Operating Earnings
- Statutory Financial Information: As reported to applicable state insurance departments. 2014 Financial Information (Statutory Basis)