2015 financial information.
- Insurance sales reached a record high of $1.3 billion, boosting individual life insurance in force to a new high of $923 billion
- Dividend payout planned for policyholders in 2016 increased to $1.7 billion, the largest in the companys 170-year history
- Surplus and asset valuation reserve grew to an all-time high of $22.7 billion
- Assets under management were $528 billion at year end, the second year in a row the company’s assets exceeded $500 billion
- Operating earnings stood at $1.9 billion, second highest level in the company’s history
- The highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+).*
You can learn more about New York Life’s financial performance by clicking on the links below.
- New York Life Insurance Company and Subsidiaries Consolidated Financial Statements (GAAP basis): Our financial results presented in a format consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. 2015 NYLIC and Subsidiaries Unabridged Consolidated Financial Statements (GAAP Basis)
- Reconciliation of Consolidated GAAP results to Non-GAAP Financial Measure (Operating Earnings): 2015 Net Income to Management Operating Earnings
- Statutory Financial Information: As reported to applicable state insurance departments. 2015 Financial Information (Statutory Basis)