Our Information Practices
Our policies and procedures protect the privacy of current and former customers.
Types of Information We Collect
In the normal course of business we collect:
- Information requested on applications and other forms (including name, address, income and household information);
- Data about your transactions (such as the products you purchase and your account status);
- Information from outside sources, such as public records;
- Information gathered from our web sites, such as through online forms, site visit data and information collection devices ("cookies");
- Information collected from consumer credit reporting agencies; and
- Health information collected with your permission when you apply for products like life insurance or long-term care insurance.
Safeguarding Your Information
New York Life maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. Access to customer information is limited to people who need the information to perform their job responsibilities. We regularly update and improve our security standards, procedures and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information.
How We Use Your Information
New York Life may share the information we collect about you as allowed by law, including for normal business administration and related business services. The information may be shared:
- Within the New York Life Family; and
- With non-affiliates, such as banks, third parties that perform research and marketing functions for us or service providers that help us process transaction or service your accounts. Our service providers may include New York Life agents, billing, printing and mail service companies.
- If you are an investment advisory services customer, we may share your information with third parties who help us service your investment and financial planning needs.
We may disclose the information we collect about you when required or permitted by law, such as to:
- Respond to a subpoena;
- Prevent fraud and other crimes;
- Comply with legal requirements; or
- Respond to a government inquiry.
We will never share your health information with third parties for marketing purposes.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
New York Life respects your privacy choices. You have the option to tell us not to share your information as follows:
- Within the New York Life Family of Companies to let you know about our products and services. The information we share may include household and financial data.
- With non-affiliated companies with which we have joint agreements, such as banks, credit card issuers and online services, to offer you their products and services. The information we share may include name, address and information about your transactions with us.
- With your agent and his or her new company if your agent leaves the New York Life Family of Companies. We may share your name, address and information about your New York Life products so that your agent can continue to service your needs.
If you do not want us to share your information in one or both of the ways described above, just call (800) 695-4331.
The choice you make will apply to all the products your purchased from the New York Life Family of Companies. If one joint owner tells us not to share information, that choice will also apply to the other owner(s). If you have already told us of your choices, theres no need to call again.
We will follow the privacy law in your state if that law is different than the policy described in this notice.
Informing you about privacy
New York Life
P.O. Box 6916
Cleveland, OH 44101
You can also call us toll free at (800) 695-4331.
*The New York Life Family of Companies (also referred to as “the New York Life Family,” “we,” “our,” or “us” throughout this notice) currently includes the following affiliates and funds:
|New York Life Insurance Company||MCF Capital Management LLC|
|NYLife Insurance and Annuity Corporation||MainStay Defined Term Municipal Opportunities Fund|
|NYLife Investment Management LLC||The MainStay Funds|
|New York Life Enterprises LLC||MainStay Funds Trust|
|Ausbil Investment Management Limited||Main Stay VP Funds Trust|
|Candriam Belgium SA||Private Advisors Alternative Strategies Fund|
|Candriam France S.A.S.||Private Advisors Alternative Strategies Master Fund|
|Candriam Luxembourg S.C.A.||Private Advisors LLC|
|Cornerstone Capital Management LLC||New York Life Trust Company|
|Cornerstone Capital Management Holding LLC||NYLIFE Distributors LLC|
|Eagle Strategies LLC||NYLIFE Insurance Company of Arizona|
|GoldPoint Partners LLC||NYLIFE Securities LLC|
|IndexIQ, Inc.||NYLIM Service Company LLC|
|Institutional Capital LLC||NYLINK Insurance Agencies, Inc.|
|MacKay Shields LLC||NYL Investors LLC|
|Madison Capital Funding LLC|