How to prepare for your telephone application (TeleApp) interview
Completing your TeleApp interview.
TeleApp is an efficient way to complete your insurance application over the phone.
Your agent will begin the application process and collect general information such as:
- Your name and address
- Your intended beneficiaries
- The type of product you are interested in purchasing
- The preferred time of day you wish to be contacted for your TeleApp interview
- If you would prefer to contact the TeleApp team directly, call 1-866-NYL-TAPP (1-866-695-8277)
The TeleApp hours of operation are:
|Monday - Thursday||7:00am - 11:00pm Central Time|
|Friday||7:00am - 7:00pm Central Time|
|Saturday||9:00am - 4:30pm Central Time|
A TeleApp interview will last 30 minutes or less. Please note that more complex medical histories or the use of an interpreter may result in a longer TeleApp interview. After the call, you will receive a copy of the completed telephone application, along with instructions to change any of the information provided, if needed.
Please have the following information readily available in order to complete your TeleApp interview as quickly as possible:
- Employment details, including name of employer, length of employment, and your job duties
- Current income and net worth
- Any foreign travel you have planned for the next 12 months
- Any adventurous activities you take part in, such as scuba diving, mountain climbing, airplane flying, etc.
- Medical history details, including date of onset, treatment, and recovery for any medical conditions you have experienced
- Names of physicians or hospitals that have provided care for you within the last 10 years
- Names and dosages of medications you have been prescribed
If you have any questions, please contact your agent or call toll-free at 1-866-NYL-TAPP (1-866-695-8277).
Completing a medical exam
New York Life, like other insurance companies, may require a routine medical exam based on your age and the amount of insurance coverage requested. If medical requirements are needed, your agent will schedule a time for your exam to be completed.
Your exam may include:
- Measurements of blood pressure, pulse, height, and weight
- A blood and/or urine sample
- An electrocardiogram to measure the heart’s electrical impulses
If you are asked to complete an exam, when medically possible you should not:
|Activity||Time before exam|
|Participate in strenuous physical activity||Within 24 hours|
|Consume alcohol||Within 24 hours|
|Eat or drink||Within 12 hours|
|Consume caffeine||Within 12 hours|
|Smoke or chew tobacco||Within 1 hour|
If your application is approved, you will have another opportunity to review your information when your agent delivers your policy. Your agent can address any questions you may have about your policy at that time.
We value your business; thank you for choosing New York Life Insurance Company for your insurance needs.