How to choose the best life insurance company for you.
Key questions to ask about any company before you buy.
You’ve made the decision to purchase life insurance. Naturally, you want to find the right policy to help safeguard your family's financial future. But determining the coverage levels you need, which products best fit your circumstances and how to buy a policy are only part of the challenge.
The company you choose can make all the difference.
A life insurance policy is only as good as the company behind it. We’ve done the research for you. At [Association Name], we’ve compared companies and benefits to bring you the products that best meet your needs. You can look around, too, but here’s just some of the questions we asked:
- How is it structured?
- What are its financial strength ratings?
- What can it offer [Association Name] members?
These are important questions since you’re probably purchasing life insurance to cover a long-term financial need. You should have confidence that the company you select will be able to meet its financial obligations to you—today and well into the future—by paying beneficiaries the death benefits they deserve.
Why [Association Name] with New York Life Insurance Company is the better choice.
Since you're reading this article, chances are you're considering the merits of selecting us as your life insurance company. Here are some things you should know about group insurance and why it could be right for you.
- Group coverage offered through [Association Name] was designed with you in mind. People’s work lives are more fluid today than ever before, so flexibility is key. Our policies are portable—you can take them with you when you switch or are in-between jobs. Sustaining coverage over time can not only allow you to maintain a certain lifestyle, but it can even protect your future insurability. What'’ more, you can protect yourself and your family members from life's events by adding them to your coverage individually.
- Group pricing is a hallmark of our policies. Because group underwriting requirements are different than those for individuals who apply on their own, you can save quite a bit by choosing this option. And because group pricing is more stable, you're likely to experience fewer price fluctuations than you would with individual coverage.
- Put the power of the group behind you. Public and private employers continue to cut costs by reducing benefits employees used to take for granted. By taking advantage of this valuable opportunity to obtain coverage through a membership or professional association today, you can focus on developing your career with the peace of mind you may get from knowing that you’ll have greater security in the future when you need it.
With a mutual life insurance company like New York Life, customers who purchase participating products are members of the mutual company. The company’s priority is to safeguard customers’ interests. New York Life has received the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer by all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++); Standard & Poor’s (AA+); Moody's (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA).1
Rich company history. Since 1845, New York Life's been protecting the livelihoods of families, businesses, and individuals. They insure people from all walks of life including U.S. presidents, civil rights leaders, athletes, entrepreneurs, and business leaders. [Association Name] and New York Life are proud to be in a partnership which can offer products that can help you safeguard you and your family’s financial future. Let us earn your trust.
While we do it every day, selling life and other insurance products is so much more than a financial transaction. It's about building enduring relationships, about helping people "Be Good at Life," and most of all, about keeping promises—all bound by the time-honored assurance that protecting your loved ones is as important to us as it is to you.
So, go ahead. Shop around. When it comes to buying life insurance, we want you to make an informed decision. But you’ll find out what we did. Given the reputation, history and outstanding customer service provided by New York Life, we're confident you’ll find your way back to the [Association Name] policy offered by New York Life.
To find out more including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations, and exclusions about group term life insurance contact:
1Source: Individual dependent rating agency commentary, as of 10/15/2020.
This information is courtesy of New York Life Insurance Company, used with permission. It is intended exclusively for general information only. ©2021, New York Life Insurance Company. All rights reserved.