New York Life maintains top ratings for financial strength from all major rating agencies.
NEW YORK, October 3, 2018—New York Life, America’s largest mutual life insurer, announced today that major ratings agencies – Fitch Ratings, Standard & Poor’s and A.M. Best – have affirmed that New York Life maintains the highest possible ratings for financial strength. The company also holds the highest financial strength rating from Moody’s Investors Service, as of its recently released credit opinion.
New York Life remains one of only two life insurers with the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any insurer by all four of the major rating agencies, out of 800 life insurers operating in the United States today.
In June, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor’s affirmed New York Life’s financial strength rating of AAA and AA+, respectively – each firm’s top possible rating. Also, in July, A.M. Best affirmed New York Life’s financial strength rating of A++, which is its highest rating. Moody’s Investors Service’s financial strength rating of New York Life remains Aaa, its top rating, based on the agency’s most recent credit opinion dated July 30, 2018.
Highlights from these major ratings agencies affirming New York Life’s financial strength, include:Fitch Ratings – Rating of AAA (Highest) Affirmed June 1, 2018
- Leading market position in U.S. individual life insurance market
- Strong brand recognition
- Well-established market position
- Effective career distribution system
- Stable block of participating whole life insurance
- Extremely strong competitive position and financial risk profile
- Wide brand recognition
- Career agency force with significant size, market penetration and productivity
- Mutual status, strength and predictability of earnings
- Strong capital and earnings
- Very strong risk-adjusted capital
- Stability and strength of its career agency distribution
- Market position among top leaders in the U.S. life insurance industry
- Creditworthy liability profiles
- Leading position in the U.S. life insurance market and strong brand
- Large block of individual life insurance containing significant embedded profits
- Productive and well-established career agency distribution force
- Well-diversified investment portfolio, strong liquidity, and outstanding capitalization
New York Life Insurance Company, www.newyorklife.com), a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States* and one of the largest life insurers in the world. Headquartered in New York City, New York Life’s family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income, investments and long-term care insurance. New York Life has the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies**.