New York Life's Senior Vice President and Business Information Officer Dave Castellani recently appeared on Cheddar TV from the New York Stock Exchange to discuss the technological changes happening in the life insurance industry and the innovation initiatives underway at New York Life.
The live segment followed the release of our tech innovation video created for the “Disrupting Wall Street: The Power of FinTech” video series sponsored by the Museum of American Finance and Cheddar Media.
Topics addressed by Dave with the Cheddar TV anchors include:
- The importance of proof of concept testing in light of how quickly innovation cycles advance, how data continues to explode, and how consumer expectations continue to evolve.
- New York Life’s innovation efforts in underwriting and voice technology to better empower agents and customers.
- How our tech professionals embrace learning and training opportunities to grow with the times.
- The impact that New York Life’s mutuality has on attracting and retaining tech talent, especially as we’re uniquely positioned to make long term tech decisions and sustain them over time.
- The continuing need for human agents powered by technology and New York Life’s commitment to this approach.
- The role of New York Life Ventures as an innovation center at New York Life.
The full segment is available on the Cheddar TV website here.
Go back to our newsroom to read more stories.