- Short-term disability: Contact your employer as soon as possible to inform your employer when and how long you plan to be absent. Then, contact New York Life Group Benefit Solutions to file your claim. Note that most plans require notification within seven days, but consult your plan for the exact timing.
- Long-term disability: Contact New York Life Group Benefit Solutions at least 30 days before the start of your long-term disability. If you already have short-term disability, the claim will automatically be started for you.
Get started here
The fastest and easiest way to submit a disability claim is by completing it online. You can go online and submit your claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week and get the process started immediately.
Mail, Fax, or Email
Download the appropriate forms to complete, sign, and return.
Mail, fax, or email the completed and signed form to:
New York Life Group Benefit Solutions
Paper Intake Team
P.O. Box 709015
Dallas, TX 75370-9015
With the forms above, we will contact your doctor for medical information and your employer for information about your job duties—information needed to process your claim. We will also be in contact with you to discuss your claim and to keep you informed of our progress.
Once your claim is submitted, you can review the status by logging in to myNYLGBS.com.1
Information you or your family member should have handy when submitting a disability claim:
- Your contact information, including your Social Security number and email address
- Your health-care provider’s (doctor and/or hospital) name, address, and telephone number
- Your last day worked, the date of injury/onset of illness, or the expected delivery date (if you’re pregnant)
- The dates of your first, your most recent, and your next visit to the doctor
- Your supervisor’s name, telephone number, and email address
- The amount of money (if applicable) you’re receiving from other sources (e.g., workers’ compensation, Social Security, state disability, pension)
- A previous history of similar conditions, diagnoses, treatments, medications, and any medical testing that was performed (if applicable)
Living and Working with Common Conditions
It can be challenging to live and work with a health condition, but we have information and resources available to help manage common conditions. Click the link above and find the option that best describes your job setting for tips on how to be more comfortable and safe as you continue your success on the job.
If you’re a New York Life Group Benefit Solutions customer, you have access to a variety of resources to help improve your physical, emotional, and financial health.